Thursday, June 14, 2007

Giants

I went to the Giants game on Tuesday. It was not a very interesting game, which is surprising considering the storied rivaly between the Giants and the Blue Jays (have I mentioned that I hate interleague play?).

However, when one is at the game, and when one sees the Giants play, one is struck by how poor their hitters are. Seriously, look at the starting lineup; it stinks.

Roberts........222
Schierholtz...250
Klesko..........315
Bonds...........287
Durham........250
Molina.........303
Feliz.............256
Vizquel.........231
Lowry..........074

I know, I know, batting average isn't a great measure of offense. But the numbers are similarly grim for on base percentage and slugging percentage. The Giants have one good hitter, Bonds. Benjie Molina and Ryan Klesko aren't bad, but that's it. Dave Roberts, who I love (sorry Schlamp), should not be leading off, and it only gets worse at the bottom of the lineup.

As I've previously noted, it's a shame because the Giants pitching, especially their staff, is terrific. Arguably the best in baseball.

No comments: