Tuesday, February 10, 2004

So OPEC is cutting production 10%. I seem to recall that Iraq was permitted to rejoin OPEC. I wonder how much say Paul Bremer has over what Iraq's representative says at OPEC meetings. Realistically, should the United States not be a member of OPEC, at least until we hand over the government of Iraq to Ahmad Chalabi, oops, I mean a democratically elected government? I'm serious here. We're running the country, and it seems like we play an especially prominant role in Iraq's oil business.

Now, a cynic might notice that this administration is extremely close ties to the oil industry, and the oil industry makes more money as prices rise, so perhaps the US has a seat at OPEC after all...

Sidenote: what does Chalabi have on Dick Cheney and Paul Wolfowitz? Aside from the fact that he's "our guy", why are we frantically supporting him again? Oh,wait, I guess we don't need any other reason that that...


Personal sidenote: my first-cousin-once-removed (Dad's first cousin) went to school with Paul Bremer.

No comments: